Pink Fire Pointer My take on the HGTV Dream Home 2011

My take on the HGTV Dream Home 2011

I just watched the Vermont HGTV 2011 Dream Home tour.   I'm more of a beachy person, but this home really makes me want to ski, hike and play in the snow more than ever!

The guest room, above, is my favorite room.  I love the charcoal walls, birch window topper and neutral tones.
The gathering room above.  The designer used fall foliage as the color palette.  And right on trend, black framed windows showcase the spectacular views.
Stunning beams above and comfy pillows and throws abound.
The designer always uses candles like these in threes in her HGTV dream homes.  Coffee bean filler makes them look more comforting. (Will try this!) And local art, like this metal "cloud" hanging from the ceiling.  I love the picture lights she used throughout the home.  Lighting plays a big role in this house.
 The host described the vent hood as a show stopper.  Agreed!  Have you ever seen cabinet spotlights like these?  Birch wood was the inspiration for the colors in this kitchen.  Did you notice how she stacked FOOD Network cookbooks on the counter, on top of each other.  I'd love to cook like Barefoot Contessa and Giada in this kitchen!
 My sister would love this Wolf range with its red knobs.  There's everything to L O V E about this year's kitchen.  Dual dishwashers and sinks and refrigeration heaven!
I also noticed that the designer mixed more woods than before and used very large picture frames on the walls hung in pairs.  Not as much small frames in multiples like in years past.  I have such an urge to run to HEB and stock up on pears and apples for decoration.  The maple leaf cutting board accent is a subtle cutesy reminder of the location.  As well as the assorted maple syrups. Pancakes and waffles anyone?   Mmmmm. 
The dining room, above, was probably the only disappointment for me.  Could you imagine keeping these desk chairs perfectly in a line?  That would drive me crazy. Looks more like a conference room.  The black leather bordered rug ties in the black leather chairs.  And for the bell jar pendants, I have had those and they are a nightmare to keep clean. They become filmy quickly and bugs collect.  But they do look good!   I promise, other than these two things, I'm a big fan of the dream home!  And I do love this huge wooden bowl overflowing with mercury glass ornaments and the glass candlestick collection.
The master has cranberry walls.  Love these doors flanking the bed!  Here, you get a peek at the toy dog house to the right.  Talk about pampered pooches that get to live here one day.  The host mentioned the men's fabrics used in the room.  Tweed, houndstooth, plaids and stripes.  Modern prep at its finest!  Well done.

 Floor to ceiling drapes separate the master bedroom from the bath.  The tub is a perfect focal point (from the bed, might I add).  
 My favorite room, pictured again, above.
I wish I had the courage to go for slate walls in my own home.  Love the matching mirrors and hanging drums bedside.

The guest bath.  One thing the designer always uses year to year are white towels in abundance.  She's great at accessorizing.  These images make me want to stock up on fluffy towels and fresh flowers STAT. 
These giant sliding barn door is stunning in the game room.  I wish it led to a secret room.  I love Linda decorated the kitchenette counter with matching console lamps to keep it from feeling too stark and kitchen-y.  The coffee table is actually six individual side tables that move aside for the sofa bed.

Notice the steamy hot tub. I want one.  And a built in grill like this too.  Gina, is this Wolf as well?

Probably the most charming is the "ski dorm" as they dubbed it.  Sleeps 8. The table against the far wall unfolds to a large game table and the ottomans in the center can be used as chairs.  Clever. Steal this idea: each pillow had unique embroidery on it:  Play, Hike, Ski, Fish, Bike.... 

And the "dorm bath" with 3 sinks... The designer always leans picture frames on the bathroom counters of her Dream Homes.  I've tried this at home.  It's not very practical, but it looks sharp.  Toilet paper never looked better piled high in this braided basket.

And three shower stalls.  Each with their own rain head.  Interesting....  I wonder how big the water heater is in this house?  Oh, and plenty more white, fluffy towels.

A mudroom everyone dreams of complete with chandelier and vaulted ceiling.

 Every year I watch the dream home, I always remind myself to bring in more greenery.  It so instantly stages and warms your home.  Very pretty!
 Cozy.
Will you try to win it?